They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and what better way to start yours than with a CrossFit-approved breakfast recipe? All of the recipes below are Paleo-friendly. Yes, you really can enjoy pancakes, meat and eggs, flavored coffee, chocolate and baked goods for breakfast while following a Paleo diet!
Photo via Edible Harmony
2 Ingredient Flour-less Pancakes via Edible Harmony
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- Using a blender or a bowl and a fork mash and combine the ingredients together until a batter is formed and most of the banana lumps disappear.
- In a large skillet over medium heat pour the batter to make the pancakes, grease the pan with coconut oil or butter if necessary.
- When the pancakes are starting to set and bubble on the top, turn and cook them on the other side.
- Serve as is or with your favorite syrup.
For more information about this recipe, visit Edible Harmony.
Photo via FitSugar
This recipe includes nutrition facts!
- 12 slices of ham (free of preservatives)
- 12 eggs
- Salt, pepper, and paprika
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a muffin tin with slices of ham. Crack an egg into each muffin spot, and season with salt, pepper, and paprika. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for two to three minutes, remove slowly from muffin tin, and enjoy!
For more information about this recipe, visit FitSugar.
Photo via Stupid Easy Paleo
Gingerbread Spiced Bulletproof Coffee, via Stupid Easy Paleo
- 1 teaspoon gingerbread spice mix (visit site for recipe) per 2 rounded Tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 Tablespoon of grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil or MCT oil
- Optional: sweetener (like raw honey)
(makes 2 cups)
- Sprinkle the gingerbread spice mix into the coffee grounds. Brew the coffee using your preferred method (I use a French press but any preparation will do).
- Pour hot coffee into a blender. Add the grass-fed butter and coconut oil, plus any extras like sweetener if preferred.
- Blend for 30 seconds until frothy and creamy (use caution when using a blender with hot liquids). You could also use an immersion blender or just melt the butter and oil on top of your hot coffee, but I don’t prefer it that way…it ends up like an oil slick. If that’s your thing though, that’s okay.
- Sprinkle with extra gingerbread spice, if desired.
For more information about this recipe, visit Stupid Easy Paleo.
Photo via Pacific Paleo
Perfect Paleo Breakfast via Pacific Paleo
What You Need:
- 12 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce
- 4 tbsp almond hazlenut fruit & nut butter
- 2-3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp zen matcha premium chocolate
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- sliced fresh fruit to top
(makes 2 servings)
- Mix all ingredients in small pot.
- Turn stove-top on to medium heat.
- Stir continuously for 5-10 minutes, until it starts to bubble.
- Serve in your favourite cup/bowl with fresh fruit.
For more information about this recipe, visit Pacific Paleo.
Photo via The Real Food Guide
Grain-Free Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Muffins via The Real Food Guide
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat eggs together and add in honey and melted coconut oil.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together ground flax seed, coconut flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Slowly add dry ingredients into wet ingredients until a uniform batter is formed.
- Once batter is blended, add in raisins, and divide batter into a silicone or lightly greased muffin pan.
- Bake at 350F for 17 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
For more information about this recipe, visit The Real Food Guide.
Join us again soon for Box Stalker's next installment in the Proper Nutrition with Crossfit series!
Share this post