We are super excited to announce our newest member to Team Pure Strength, Aaron Hanna.
Aaron has been in the fitness world for some time now, but has always flew under the radar when the discussion of Top Athletes comes up. Until now. It is nearly impossible to have missed the Rookie's first CrossFit Games appearance, since he placed 12th at arguably one of the toughest programmed Games yet. Aaron is not one to brag and boast of his accomplishments, but we are not afraid to share his successful moments and accomplishments with you guys as he continues to grow to become one of the Top Athletes in The Sport of Fitness!
Check out this Q&A we recently had with Aaron:
1) Where are you from and what College did you attend?
I'm from Clearwater, FL and I attended St. Petersburg College.
2) What do you do for a living?
I'm opening a brand new Gym as we speak! I'm just waiting on CrossFit HQ for approval.
3) Give us a breakdown of your fitness history/resume.
I got 25th at 2013 Southeast Regionals, 8th at the 2014 Southeast Regionals, 2nd at the 2015 Atlantic Regional, and recently finished 12th 2015 CrossFit Games.
4) What would you say your strengths are?
I would have to say Cleans for Weightlifting and Handstand Walks for Gymnastics.
5) What is your favorite CrossFit workout?
Generally an old school chipper or a classic 3 rounder are my favorites. Something like Helen.
6) You just got back from your first trop to the 2015 CrossFit Games. How was that experience?
It was definitely a cool experience, and not taken for granted. Although I didn't necessarily enjoy a lot of it I am proud of my effort and leaving everything I had out there. I believe the overall experience was extremely valuable for me as an athlete moving forward.
7) What would Aaron Hanna being doing outside of Fitness and Work?
I love being outdoors, spending time with my girlfriend, my family and our pets (dogs, a cat and 5 chickens)
8) 2015 is not over, but what do you envision 2016 being like? What are some of your goals?
My goal is to stay healthy, do well in the Open, qualify for Regionals for a 4th straight year and make it back to the Games, and finish in the top Five.
9) What does being a member of Team Pure Strength mean to you?
I am proud to represent Pure. Quality, stand up companies are few and far between, and I am excited to be involved with one.
10) One thing we might not know about you?
I have a soft spot for animals. I consider myself a creative, artistic guy, I enjoy carpentry and like to build things with my hands. Sometimes I paint really weird pictures for my girlfriend, Cassie. I am a poor singer but my mom insists I could make it on to American Idol. I escape to the mountains to mountain bike and hike whenever possible. On Sunday afternoons I watch football.
Share this post